Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What about a Vow Renewal Extravaganza in Fort Wayne?

Recently when I was watching Indiana News Center, the ladies from INSight, were talking about the upcoming contest, "Let INC Marry You". 

Having been a bride almost 23 years ago, I know there is so much excitement around planning the wedding.  Soon though, after the initial honeymoon phase wears off and time moves on, there isn't alot of time for romance and one on one time especially after children come along.

I read somewhere that the divorce rate in America now is 1 out of every 4 couples.  So take a moment and think about you plus three of your friends.  One out of your group of four, if statistics are correct, will be divorced.

I think the Bridal Extravaganza is a great idea.  But, I think it's time, that our society, also celebrates couples who want to renew their love for each other!  I think it's time, that companies start investing some of the money they put into first time couples into couples who are married and have been for quite some time!  Why not host a Vow Renewal Extravaganza, for couples who are already married?

My husband and I have talked over the last few years how neat it would be to renew our vows sometime.  Of course, in Hollywood, the new 'norm' is to renew your vows once a year.  Well unfortunately, for most American families, that isn't a possibility.

I know there are many small businesses as well as large businesses in the Fort Wayne/NE Indiana area that would love to sponsor such an event. 

I say let's start off 2013 in a new light!  Instead of focusing on all of the NEW couples, lets put the emphasize on couples who are already married!

I have started another blog called, "Renewing Romance in NE Indiana", http://romancetaketwo.blogspot.com.  On that blog, I will be posting ideas and companies who would love to help you plan your renewal.

No comments:

Post a Comment